What are double hung windows?
The double hung window style has two sashes that operate vertically for ventilation from either the top or bottom of the window unit. Both sashes may tilt in for safe and easy cleaning from inside the home. Balancers counter the weight of the sashes to provide easy operation and to allow the sashes to remain open in any position.
Our double hung windows also give you the ability to tilt in each pane for cleaning of either side of the glass while staying inside your home. Window Source Double Hung windows also feature a locking tab to prevent unwanted opening of the window from the inside or outside.
All Window Source double-hungs come standard with:
- multi-chambered premium vinyl frames
- fusion welded vinyl sash and main frames
- both sashes tilt in for safe and easy cleaning
- double insulated glass IG units
- warm edge spacer technology
- reinforced meeting rails
- stainless steel constant force balance system
- spring loaded vent latches
- equal lite sashes
- locking half screens
- custom made to fit each opening